Bronze Pedestal Gear Pump w/ relief valve
Series (31 Models):
Product Name:Bronze Pedestal Gear Pump w/ relief valve
Bronze Pedestal Gear pump with relief valve. Often used as a oil pump on large ships to pre-lube the bearings. Pump flow is reversible.
- Gear pumps are positive displacement pumps. Each shaft revolution displaces a definite amount of liquid relatively unaffected by the backpressure in the discharge line. Shaft speed and flow are directly proportional.
- Maximum shaft speed is 1750 rpm.
- Recommended pressure limits are 100 psi for water and non-lubricants, 150 psi for oil and lubricants.
- A relief valve is a necessary in the system if the discharge line contains any throttling devices, such as a shut-off valve, a spray nozzle or other restrictive device. This will return the liquid to the suction side or to the tank. However, built-in relief valves are only good for intermittent service. If used continuously, the pump will over heat. A built-in relief valve is strictly a safety device against overpressure. It will not work successfully as a pressure or flow control device. For this purpose a separate relief valve in the pressure line must be used.
- Service life will be increase substantially if the liquid pumped is clean and has a lubricity value. These pumps have extremely close tolerances.
- Pump housings and gears are made of top quality bronze
- Shafts are from stainless steel 303
- Bearings are designed of high performance carbon-graphite material selected for wear resistance and long service life
|Series||N9000 Pedestal Bronze Rotary Gear Pumps|
|Max Flow (GPM.)||23|
|Max Flow GPH||1140|
|TDH Maximum (Ft)||346|
|TDH Maximum (PSI)||150|
|Inlet Connection Type||FNPT|
|inlet size||Less than 1"|
|Outlet Connection Type||FNPT|
|Wetted Materials||304SS, Bronze|
|Suction Lift (FT.)||20|
|Max Operating Temperature (F)||350|
|Viscosity||Glycerine 880.00 cp 5000.00 ssu|
|Mechanical Seal Type||Single|
|Other||Shaft Size: 5/8". Relief valve factory set at 50 PSI. Pump is bi-rotational or reversible. Reversing the rotation reverses the In Outlet ports and the location of the by-pass port has to be reversed.|
|Country of Manufacture||United States|